Inhaling helium is akin to getting hypnotized. You kinda don’t wanna try it at first and figure it won’t affect you like other people, and then you do it and you’re like, “Well, that was a different life experience. I am so much more full of a person that I participated.”
Or something. I, however, cannot be hypnotized. I think it’s because I really don’t want to be. Hypnotists touch you when you’re under. Kinda like dentists.
A 10-year-old Bethlehem boy passed out and his 9-year-old brother was sickened Thursday evening after they inhaled helium at home, according to police radio reports.
The older brother’s passing out was reported 6:40 p.m. in the first block of W. Fairview Street, near Main Street. When medics arrived, they found the younger brother also breathed in the gas and also was ill. SOURCE: The Morning Call
Hopefully both kids recover quickly, of course.
So, yes, too much of anything can be a bad thing. Even cheesesteaks.
Let’s just hope these brothers father isn’t a birthday party clown, because that would be very bad for business.