This is an awful story, but, I guess one that makes you remember how easy it is for a little dude or dudette to get hurt.
First thing’s first, we hope she recovers and doesn’t have any long lasting effects.
A 3-year-old girl was flown to a hospital Monday morning after being burned in a freak accident.
The girl’s grandmother was retrieving lasagna from a microwave in a home in the Hyde Park section of Muhlenberg Twp., Berks Co., when she accidentally dropped the hot food on her granddaughter’s head, police said.
The girl was driven to an urgent care center, but medical personnel there decided her injuries required more advanced treatment and called 911 for an ambulance, officials said.
Paramedics, in turn, decided the girl should be flown to a hospital and called for a medical helicopter to meet them on the parking lot of the nearby Fairgrounds Square Mall, officials said.
The girl was flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital near Allentown for treatment. SOURCE: WFMZ.com
Uugggghhhh that just sucks all over the place. You know the grandmother is feeling awful and you know the girl is feeling awful and you know the parents are feeling awful and…
Just be careful, peeps and always turn the handles of anything on the stove inwards because kids like to grab at crap.