Of all things to catch fire in a restaurant, you’d think the cash register would be pretty low on the list.
I mean, there is the kitchen and.. well, the kitchen where all the fiery stuff is.
Because, if you’re a restaurant owner that wants to burn down your restaurant for insurance money, that’s probably the best place to start a fire and not in the office like the Hawthorne House.
Unfortunately for Stefano’s today, their cash register caught fire. Hopefully they will be up and running again soon!
A morning equipment fire at Stefano’s Restaurant on Linden Street in Bethlehem will force the closure of the popular Italian eatery for at least a few days, according to the owner and general manager.
Alarms went off at the restaurant, 2970 Linden St., at 8:07 this morning, according to Bethlehem fire and police officials, after a cash register computer caught fire. SOURCE: The Express-Times
All indications are that it was accidental.
Maybe someone left a hot tip!